High School Students - Eligibility
1) Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or lawfully present in the U.S.
2) Enter into a written agreement with your high school prior to graduation.
3) Attend a designated A+ high school for 3 consecutive years immediately prior to graduation.1
4) Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
5) Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
6) Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring, of which up to 25% may include job shadowing.
7) Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
8) Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam.3
1If one of your parents is a member of the military on active duty or has retired from the military and relocated to Missouri within one year of their retirement, you are exempt from this requirement. However, you must attend an A+ designated high school in the school year immediately preceding graduation and meet all of the other high school eligibility requirements.
3Beginning in 2015, if you meet all of the eligibility requirements except the Algebra I end of course requirement, you may establish eligibility by completing your first semester at a participating school with a minimum of 12 semester credit hours or the equivalent and a 2.5 grade point average.
Initial Postsecondary Students
1) Enroll and attend full-time at aparticipating public community college or vocational/technical school, or private two-year vocational/technical school.
2) Be seeking a degree or certificate at the school in which you are enrolled.2
3) Not be pursuing a degree or certificate in theology or divinity.
4) Make a good faith effort to secure all available federal financial aid by completing theFree Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).If you are attending a school that does not participate in Title IV programs you must complete the FAFSA4caster, which is a tool for estimating your level of need for federal financial aid.
2If you have already received an associate degree or baccalaureate degree you are not eligible for the A+ scholarship program.
1) Continue to meet the eligibility requirements for initial students.
2) Maintain a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale and otherwise maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by your school.4
3) Make a good faith effort to secure all available federal financial aid by completing theFree Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)each academic year. If you are attending a school that does not participate in Title IV programs you must complete theFAFSA4caster, which is a tool for estimating your level of need for federal financial aid.
4A renewal student is someone that has received an A+ payment in a prior academic year. If this is the first academic year in which you have received an A+ payment, you are not subject to the renewal minimum GPA requirement.
1211 McGee | KCMO 64106
William (Bill) Lindsay
2111 Woodland Ave | KCMO 64108
(816) 418- 3052
4747 Flora | KCMO 64110
1924 Van Brunt | KCMO 64127
Dr. Usha Saha
415 Van Brunt | KCMO 64124
6512 Wornall Rd | KCMO 64111
3221 Indiana | KCMO 64128
AC College Prep/1670
3500 E. Meyer Blvd | KCMO 64132