En un esfuerzo para mejorar las oportunidades educativas de los estudiantes de secundaria, la legislatura de Missouri estableció el Programa A+ como parte del Outstanding Schools Act (Proyecto de Ley 380) de 1993. Graduados que cumplen con los requisitos pueden tener derecho a ayuda financiera con la matrícula y otros gastos en cualquier universidad comunitaria pública o instituto vocacional o técnico público en el estado de Missouri, dependiendo de financiación continua por la legislatura del estado.
High School Students - Eligibility
1) Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or lawfully present in the U.S.
2) Enter into a written agreement with your high school prior to graduation.
3) Attend a designated A+ high school for 3 consecutive years immediately prior to graduation.1
4) Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
5) Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
6) Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring,
7) Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
8) Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam.3
ACT MathSubscore = 17 or higher COMPASS Pre-Algebra = 43 or higher COMPASS Algebra = 1 or higher
Initial Postsecondary Students
1) Enroll and attend full-time at aparticipating public community college or vocational/technical school, or private two-year vocational/technical school.
2) Be seeking a degree or certificate at the school in which you are enrolled.2
3) Not be pursuing a degree or certificate in theology or divinity.
4) Make a good faith effort to secure all available federal financial aid by completing theFree Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).If you are attending a school that does not participate in Title IV programs you must complete the FAFSA4caster, which is a tool for estimating your level of need for federal financial aid.
2If you have already received an associate degree or baccalaureate degree you are not eligible for the A+ scholarship program.
1) Continue to meet the eligibility requirements for initial students.
2) Maintain a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale and otherwise maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by your school.4
3) Make a good faith effort to secure all available federal financial aid by completing theFree Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)each academic year. If you are attending a school that does not participate in Title IV programs you must complete theFAFSA4caster, which is a tool for estimating your level of need for federal financial aid.
4A renewal student is someone that has received an A+ payment in a prior academic year. If this is the first academic year in which you have received an A+ payment, you are not subject to the renewal minimum GPA requirement.
Click here to find the list of Community Colleges and Vocational-Technical Schools that accept A+ funds in Missouri
Click here to find the list of 4-year colleges and universities that offer A+ recognition scholarships in Missouri
|Site-Based A+ Coordinator||Building||Contact|
|Elizabeth Marentes||East|| |
|Reginald Berry||AC Prep||816.418.1078|