Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The National Parent Teacher Association* (PTA*) comprises millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement in schools, PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth
5 Great Reasons to Be Part of PTA
- Be in the know. PTA helps you keep up with what’s happening in your school and how yo can support your child’s education
- Access great resources. PTA provides information on topics ranging from homework help to bullying prevention to media safety to child health and more.
- Build relationships. PTA connects you to other families through meetings, events, and communications, and helps build a sense of community
- Hone your skills. PTA offers opportunities for you to use your talents to benefit children and the school. PTA can help you expand your skills too.
- Speak up. PTA can be a way to more effectively suggest changes at your child’s school and in your community, and to be involved in making them happen.
Team Up with PTA
Everyone is invited to join PTA: moms, dads, teachers, principals, students, aunts, uncleas, grandparents, caregivers, businesspeople, advocates, community members.
To join, or to learn more:
Call (800)307-4PTA (4782)
Local Contact Cathy Christiansen
Meet the Executive Board:
Next Meeting - Thursday, October 18th at 5:30 p.m. at Holliday Montessori