A flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting against the flu. Follow these additional tips to stay healthy and keep others healthy this flu season:
· Wash your hands frequently during the flu season. You may use soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rinse (alcohol rinses are available at all pharmacies and should contain at least 60 percent alcohol). Remember to wash your hands for 20 seconds.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.Viruses are often spread after a person touches something that is contaminated with the virus and then touches his or her eyes, nose or mouth.
· Avoid contact with people who are sick. If your coworker is ill, steer clear of his or her sneezes and coughs. When possible, avoid shaking hands with someone who is ill with a respiratory infection. If you are caring for an ill family member, wash your hands frequently and minimize proximity to his or her face.
· Cover your mouth or tuck it into your elbow when coughing or sneezing and encourage others to do so. Wash your hands afterward.
· Stay home if you have a respiratory infectionwhen possible. A general guideline is to stay home 24 hours after fever resolves off medications like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.For Downloadable Health Documents including Health History, the Over-The Counter Medication Consent Form, the Prescription Consent Form, and the Dental Clinic Consent Form, please click on the link here