A candidate will not qualify for the award of the diploma if certain requirements have not been met.
The following codes indicate which requirements have not been met.
- CAS requirements have not been met.
- Candidate’s total points are fewer than 24.
- An “N” has been given for theory of knowledge, extended essay or for a contributing subject.
- A grade E has been awarded for one or both of theory of knowledge and the extended essay.
- There is a grade 1 awarded in a subject/level.
- Grade 2 has been awarded three or more times (HL or SL).
- Grade 3 or below has been awarded four or more times (HL or SL).
- Candidate has gained fewer than 12 points on HL subjects (for candidates who register for four HL subjects, the three highest grades count).
- Candidate has gained fewer than 9 points on SL subjects (candidates who register for two SL subjects must gain at least 5 points at SL).
Diploma Points Matrix
The maximum number of points a student can earn is 45. (7 x 6 subjects = 42 + 3 from EE/TOK).