Board of Education
On behalf of the Kansas City Public School (KCPS) Board of Directors, welcome to the Office of Board Services webpage. We are pleased you have taken the time to learn more about your School Board.
KCPS is guided by a seven-member Board of Directors elected by the district's patrons. The Board of Directors has many duties including:
- Monitoring the use of financial and human resources
- Education planning and evaluation
- Appointing the chief administrator, the Superintendent of Schools
- Facilities management
The Office of Board Services is the administrative arm of the Board of Directors. The Board meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Board of Education building.
To meet individual Board members or to learn more about upcoming meetings and activities, contact the Office of Board Services at 816-418-7621.
Speaking at a Board Meeting
- Video: Record a video of your comments that are no more than three minutes long and email the recording to School Board Secretary June Kolkmeier at email@example.com
- Livestream: Reserve a spot to share your comments via the hearing live-stream by calling Ms. Kolkmeier at 816-418-7621 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: Comments can be emailed to email@example.com
- Phone: Contact Ms. Kolkmeier at 816-418-7621 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation to share comments by phone during the hearing
- Text: Comments can also be texted to 816-213-0997