Division of Student Support and Intervention
The Division of Student Support and Intervention coordinates prevention, intervention programs and services to support schools, students and parents by addressing the academic, behavioral, social, and emotional needs of all students to maximize student achievement. The department includes the following offices:
- Department of Student Services
- Department of Security
- Department of Alternative Learning
- Plaza Comunitaria
Student Support Services provides equitable access to services and programs that address the academic, behavioral, social, emotional, and health needs of all students in preparation for college and career readiness. The Division of Student Support Services and Intervention delivers Trauma Sensitive, evidence-based practices, and resources to students, families, and schools to promote socio-emotional wellness, scholastic success, and comprehensive school support in a culturally responsive manner.
- To improve KCPS district culture that promotes Trauma Sensitive Practices throughout all systems.
- To promote and create systems that focus on prevention and overall student/staff wellness.
- To maintain a strength-based, student-centered framework to build-up protective factors to support social and emotional wellness for students and families.
- To create policies, protocols, and procedures that infuses cultural responsiveness and trauma sensitivity.