District Advisory Committee (DAC)
Kansas City Public Schools has a District Advisory Committee (DAC) that meets every other month at 5:30 pm in the KCPS District School Board Room at the Board of Education Building (2901 Troost Ave.)
Meeting dates are as follows:
- September 18, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- November 13, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- January 15, 2020, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- April 29, 2020, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Every school is asked to send a representative, and parents and community members are also welcome to attend. The DAC addresses school issues and concerns and allows parents to network, share ideas and solve problems cooperatively. In addition, the DAC serves in an advisory role to the District’s Board of Education.
Interested in joining DAC or your school’s parent organization? Click here to submit your interest form.
School Advisory Committees (SACs)
School Advisory Committees (SACs)are a great way to get involved in the education of children. Adults who take an active role in education positively impact future generations of leaders, workers and parents. These adults also get a chance to see firsthand what goes on inside schools within the Kansas City, Missouri School District.
A SAC is a school-based volunteer group made up of parents and families of students, community members and school staff. Among the functions of a SAC are:
- Participation in the development of the school budget
- Working with administration on personnel issues
- Providing input into curriculum selections and development