African-Centered College Preparatory Academy
A unique college prep curriculum with a foundation of African history and culture.
African-Centered College Preparatory Academy (AC Prep) is Kansas City’s only African-centered program. With a high level of expectation and challenge, AC Prep stays in-tune with the distinctive foundation of cultural awareness that is important to the success of students.
We focus on college readiness as well as teaching the rich history of African and African-American people and culture to give students the opportunity to drive their own success.
Challenging Students Beyond the Classroom
AC Prep offers a variety of extra-curriculum programs and activities to challenge students beyond the traditional classroom. We offer several different Middle School sports, student council, band and more.
- Middle School Sports
- Pylons Gifted Program
- Cultural Arts:
- Visual Arts
- Student Council
- And more
Elementary (K-5) Admission Requirements: Students must have a GPA of 2.35 or better, a 90% or better attendance record, and a discipline record that shows appropriate student behavior. Previously enrolled students do not need to re-enroll for middle school as long as they maintain the below requirements.
Middle School (6-8) Admission Requirements: Students must have a GPA of 2.35 or better, a 90% or better attendance record, and a discipline record that shows appropriate student behavior. Previously enrolled students do not need to re-enroll for high school as long as they maintain the admission requirements.
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1, 2018)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 8th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (fine at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)