African-Centered College Preparatory Academy
Cultivating academic excellence and leadership through a foundation of African history and culture.
African-Centered College Preparatory Academy (AC Prep) uses a culturally relevant approach so that scholars develop leadership skills, social responsibility and personal life skills. AC Prep incorporates African cultural elements and influences into the program’s environment and curriculum.
Our program uses rigorous curriculum emphasizing college prep, world languages and cultural foundations of drumming, art, drama, music, theater and dance. Expert staff utilizes this foundation to impress the importance of history, responsibility, accountability, community and pride.
Building Global Leaders
With a strong focus on academic rigor, leadership skills and the arts, our program produces self-assured, globally aware student leaders with an unwavering commitment to higher education that will make an impact on the world.
- High School Sports
- National Honor Society
- Student Council
- Pylons Gifted Program
- Cultural Arts:
- Visual Arts
- And more
Students must have a GPA of 2.35 or better, a 90% or better attendance record, and a discipline record that shows appropriate student behavior.
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (fine at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)