Testing for Entrance
KCPS is offering the following sponsored testing dates for the iReady Assessment (grades 5-9) and NWEA (grades 10-11), which is required for entrance into Lincoln. All tests will be given at Manual Career Center, 1215 E. Truman Rd., Kansas City, MO, 64106.
The following parameters and requirements are in place for KCPS assessment sessions:
- The full registration must be completed the Wednesday prior to the assessment to allow the student profile to be processed. KCPS will not accept walk-in or late registrations.
- Registration is limited to 60 participants per testing session.
- Students must arrive by 8:30 AM on assessment dates. Assessments will begin promptly at 9 AM.
- Both Reading and Mathematics portions of the assessment must be completed in under five hours.
- Cell phones must be turned off put away (backpack, check at door). If a cell phone is in use in any form during the test it will invalidate the testing session.
- The i Ready assessment requires headphones, test-takers should either plan on bringing their own (no Bluetooth connections will be available) or KCPS will provide a set of headphones.
- The i Ready assessment will have an embedded calculator for items where it is allowable. Students will not be allowed to use an outside calculator.
The following external sites are also accepted:
Restored Hope Education Center
2425 S. Crysler Avenue
Independence, MO 64052
For current grades: 6-8
Cost: $60 for Reading / $60 for Math Testing Services
University of Missouri - Kansas City
4825 Troost Ave., Ste 206
Kansas City, MO 64110
Test: California Achievement Test (CAT)