About Kansas City Public Schools Lunch Buddies
The KCPS Lunch Buddies is a program in which a mentor is matched with an elementary school student in grades K-5 and visits the school each week to eat lunch with their mentee. Lunch Buddies provide guidance, support, encouragement, and friendship.
What can a Lunch Buddy Expect?
Lunch Buddies will:
- Be matched with an elementary school student in grades K – 5 at Kansas City Public Schools
- Attend an initial 2 hour, pre-match training
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Commit to supporting their mentee for an entire school year
- Check in with their mentees over one lunch period on a weekly basis; at minimum
- Invest in the present and future success of a student in Kansas City Public Schools
How to Apply
Complete this application to become a Lunch Buddy. Someone from the Office of Equity, Inclusion and Innovation will be in touch with you regarding next steps. Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.