Graduation Requirements (Class of 2016 and Beyond)Class of 2016 and Beyond
Communication Arts--4.0(English 9, 10, 11, and 12 can include Advanced, AP, Dual Credit,ELL, or College equivalent courses)
Mathematics--3.0(Algebra 1 or Algebra 1A & 1B, Geometry, and Algebra 2)
Science--3.0(Physics First or Chemistry, Biology and Elective Science)Social Studies--3.5(World History, American History, Am. Government, and Econ/Personal Finance)
Fine Arts--1.0(Any Visual Art, Performing Arts-Music, Dance, some Theatre)
Practical Arts/CTE--1.0(Any Practical Art--Computer Tech, some Theatre, Career and TechEd classes)
PE--1.0(Foundations of PE 09113)
Health--.5(Introduction to Health and Wellness)
Electives--7.0End of Course Exams:
Algebra 2* (if Algebra 1 is taken in Middle School)
BiologyGovernmentSenior Capstone Project:
Research Project through English 12 classesCommunity Service:
Total of 40 HoursTests:
Must take the ACT, SAT, ASVAB, or Compass Exam according to your post-high school plans.Career and Educational Planning GuideClick on the links below to access the 2016-2017 Career and Educational Planning Guide:Middle School Course Descriptions
Preparing College, Career and Workforce Ready Graduates:Increase the percentage of students who successfully complete Algebra 1 by 8th grade by 25%.
- Increase the percentage of on-time on-track students for college entry at the end of the 9th grade by 50%.
- 100% of graduates will complete the ACT, SAT, ASVAB, and/or Compass Test.
- 100% of graduates will have attended a college fair during their junior or senior year.
- 100% of seniors will have completed and submitted at least one (1) college/technical school applications by December.
- Increase the percentage of students completing an honors, advanced placement, dual enrollment and/or IB course by 25%.