Click the button below to visit our Child Nutrition Hub. This includes links for school menus, menu app, food programs, necessary forms and more!
Serving up a great day from the kitchen to the classroom.
Every student every day is prepared to learn when they are nourished.
Additionally, the Department of Child Nutrition:
- Developed a Wellness Policy that is focused on improving the health of students. The policy was developed by the health and wellness advisory council that includes teachers, parents, administrators, and the district nurse.
- Continues to share the message of nutrition and wellness via our department’s website that emphasizes the importance of nutrition and fitness.
- Provides information on the nutrition and fitness for teachers, parents, and students, as well as, a variety of learning tools.
- Identifies student needs and wants and works diligently to fulfill such requests.
Office of Child Nutrition
The Office of Child Nutrition is responsible for making sure every student has access to nutritious meals at school, while removing any impediments and/or barriers to a child’s access to food. We strongly believe providing students with nutritious meals throughout the day has a positive effect on the outcome of their day.
Additionally, the Office of Child Nutrition
- Provides catering through our catering Chef, who can provide you with an assortment of dishes or work with any special requests.
- Provides top of the line training for all new employees in hopes of a smooth transition to our team.
- Provides nutrition education training and creative activities that inspire students to develop healthy eating habits.
Office Programs and Initiatives
- To ensure we exude excellent customer service to all customers.
- We play a vital role in cultivating a focused learning environment for our students by serving quality, nutritious meals.
- We strive to provide our team members with the training, tools, resources, and environment to be successful in reaching our goals.
Staff Members and Contact Info
Brian Wieher, Director-Food & Nutrition
Office: (816) 418-7457
Chon Walters, Assistant Director
Office: (816) 418-7011
Teresita Pineda, Office/Payroll Technician
Louida George, Accountability Technician
Maxwell Gratton, IT Support Specialist
Office: (816) 418-7733
Chef Manny Alipio, Chef & Caterer
Hannah Thornburgh RD/LD, Supervisor/Dietitian
Office: (816) 418-7341
Ginger Thompson, Supervisor/Dietitian
Office: (816) 418-7017
Talisha Archie, Area Supervisor
Lea Ann Smiroldo, Area Supervisor
Office: (816) 418-7756