The Department of Engagement facilitates connections between Kansas City Public Schools and its students, families, community and civic organizations. The department goal is to build an environment where children have no option but to succeed because of engaged parental and community support. This is accomplished by serving as a bridge between human services providers, non-profit organizations, private entities, and communities throughout the Kansas City Metropolitan area.
Vision: The department will creatively and effectively engage with our diverse community in a timely manner to support the academic, social and emotional development of our students. We will advocate for systemic equity throughout KCPS.
- Radiate possibility while actively promoting our strengths
- Connect students and families with valuable community resources via strong partnerships
- Build bridges that foster transparent two-way communication
- Promote and provoke critical- thinking that ensures equitable solutions
The Department of Engagement includes the following Offices:
- Office of Family and Community Engagement (FaCe)
- Office of Partners in Education (PIE)