KCPS honors its top classified and certified employees - those who truly Make It Better - through the Terrific Teammate Program.
Employees, parents, and community members are encouraged to nominate an employee** that best exhibits the traits of a Terrific Teammate: positive attitude, support of student achievement, execution of assignments, initiative, and adherence to procedures.
Winners will be selected by an independent committee of employees. Honors include recognition through photos and articles on The Plug, the KCPS website, social media, and through articles submitted to local newspapers; a trophy; and a public presentation at the School Board’s regular business meeting on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
One classified and one certified employee will be honored each month.
Keep a lookout for your Terrific Teammates at your location. Help us honor our best and brightest!
**All KCPS employee team members are eligible to be nominated except principals and supervisors above the director level. To be considered a team member must:
- Have been employed by KCPS at least six months prior to the nomination.
- Not have received disciplinary action for at least 12 months prior to the nomination.
- Not have received a Terrific Teammate award for 12 months prior to the nomination.
- Not be nominated by a family member or relative.
- Equal consideration shall be given to full-time and part-time employees.