Research, Assessment and Accountability
The Division of Research, Accountability, and Assessment provides data analyses, evaluations, and other services to facilitate the monitoring of progress towards accomplishing the Strategic Plan vision, purpose, and core values. The department is committed to supporting the vision that Kansas City Public Schools will be among the highest performing school systems in the nation as a result of creating, sustaining, and investing in a culture of deliberate equity for everyone.
The Division of Research, Accountability, and Assessment is responsible for:
- Conducting and reporting the results of research and program evaluations related to factors that impact student achievement;
- Implementing and monitoring state and county-mandated testing programs, including the MAP (Measure of Academic Process), MSIP, High School Assessments (HSA), and the PSAT;
- Coordinating preparation of the district’s Scorecard as well as other accountability and compliance processes and reporting
- Supporting the business intelligence and data warehouse information systems.
- Leading the development, implementation, and monitoring of planning initiatives;
- Managing the reuse/redevelopment of surplus district property.