Applications are now being accepted at Hale Cook, 7302 Pennsylvania, from 9am-4pm daily. Hard copies are available in the office or click the link below for an online application. Please note that this enrollment is for new students only!



    In order for your application to be complete the following documentation is needed:

    -birth certificate

    -immunization record

    -2 proofs of current residency in KCPS district boundaries

    (ex. utility bill and lease or mortgage statement)

    We can copy these items in the office when you bring in your application. 



    Students must be 3, 4 or 5 years old by August 1 to qualify for Pre-K or Kindergarten.

    Tuition is required for all Pre-K children and is on a sliding scale based on income.

    If you have any questions or need additional information please contact the school office, (816) 418-1601.

  • Neighborhood School Frequently Asked Questions 

    Q:   Who is eligible to attend school in the Kansas City Public Schools?
    A:    Any student currently residing within the boundaries of Kansas City Public Schools.
    Q:   How do I know which Neighborhood School my child will attend?
    A:    Use the "Find Your School" service. If you need clarification, you may call the Student Support & Community Services Office at 816-418-7505, or any of the Neighborhood Schools.
    Q:   What is the age requirement for my child to enter Kindergarten?
    A:   Your child must be 5 years of age before August 1.*
    *Updated 4/18/13
    Q:   Is my child eligible for transportation?
    A:   Students who live 1.5 miles or more from their Comprehensive Community School are eligible for transportation. Some restrictions apply. A handbook containing more detailed transportation information is available here
    Q:   What documents do I need to submit if I am new to the district?
    A:   • A birth certificate or other official verification of birth
           • Child's current up-to-date immunization record
           • Proof of current residence (Current utility bill: electric, water, gas, home phone, cable, lease or mortgage agreement)
             If the parent or guardian is not the head of household, please use this document to prove residence.
           • Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of Guardianship, if required)
           • Discipline records from previous school*
           • Grades/transcripts from previous school*
            *A request for records form is included in the school application packet
    Q:   Will I be allowed to enroll my child in KCPS without having an up-to-date immunization record on file?
    A:   No: Missouri law (RSMo 167.181) requires all children show proof of adequate immunizations.