Lincoln College Preparatory Academy
Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be accepted online starting on Thursday, December 5 at 6:30 a.m. Applications can be submitted online or at the Board of Education building located at 2901 Troost Ave., Kansas City, MO 64109. Applications CANNOT be submitted at the schools.
A top-rated college prep program fostering culturally-attentive, academically successful students.
Home to challenging and rigorous programs, Lincoln College Preparatory Academy is a unique, culturally diverse learning community that delivers an exceptional educational experience.
Expert faculty, civically-minded students, caring and supportive parents along with engaged community partners work together to create a school that exemplifies the best of public education.
Fostering well-rounded students
Lincoln also offers a top-rated International Baccalaureate (IB) program. The IB program is designed to foster creativity in learners and become part of a global learning community where critical thinking skills are nurtured along with positive classroom culture. The IB program aspires to develop well-rounded students who make ethical decisions and are prepared to apply lessons in real-world situations.
Challenging Students to Excel in and out of the classroom
Students at Lincoln have opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities and programs. With a full array of high school sports, Lincoln’s athletic teams have experienced successful seasons over the years.
- Activities include:
- High School sports
- Robotics team
- Debate team
- Poetry club
- Dance and Cheerleading
- Newspaper and Yearbook
- And more
Middle School (6-8) Admission Requirements: Applicants must score at or above the 60th percentile on a national standardized reading and math test to be eligible for entrance. Students must also have a record of good citizenship and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Previously enrolled students do not need to re-enroll for high school as long as they maintain the below requirements.
High School (9-12) Admission Requirements: Applicants must score at or above the 60th percentile on a national standardized reading and math test to be eligible for entrance. Students must also have a record of good citizenship and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Current high school students must be on track to earn four full credits of a foreign language to be admitted.
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Current & Previous school records that include:
- Grades/Transcripts (previous 2 years)
- Attendance (previous 2 years)
- Behavior (previous 2 years)
- Nationally normed test scores dated within year of the application submission date (Must score a minimum of 60% in Math and 60% in Reading) Click here to see list of accepted Nationally Normed Tests
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)