Paseo Academy of Fine and Performing Arts
Where students foster their artistic side while preparing for college and postsecondary advanced studies.
Paseo Academy of Fine and Performing Arts is a prominent fine and performing arts academy in Kansas City. From dance to fashion design, graphic arts, instrumental and vocal music to theater and more, Paseo offers something for any creative students.
Paseo has an expert faculty with extensive backgrounds within their arts and are dedicated to providing students with outstanding educational opportunities. Through a wide variety of creative experiences, students are prepared to participate in local, regional and national performances along with exhibitions and art competitions.
Fostering successful students
Paseo students are locally and nationally celebrated in their arts. Students learn in a hands-on environment and go on to postsecondary studies having earned scholarships to colleges and universities across the country.
Students are also challenged to excel academically. Rigorous academic programs, including advanced placement classes, are available for students to excel beyond their creative major.
Middle School (7-8) Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, 90% attendance rate or higher for a full academic year, no "D" or "F" grade at the end of the semester, no chronic discipline or behavior issues. Applicants must also pass an interview. Interviews can be scheduled while completing the enrollment application. Previously enrolled students do not need to re-enroll for 8th grade as long as they maintain the above requirements. However 8th grade students entering the 9th grade must prepare for and pass an audition in order to remain enrolled at Paseo Academy and maintain the below requirements.
High School (9-12) Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, 90% attendance rate or higher for a full academic year, no "D" or "F" grade at the end of the semester, no chronic discipline or behavior issues. Applicants must also pass an audition for enrollment. Prior to auditioning applicants must review the Audition Packet to prepare for the audition. Click here to view the audition packet to prepare for your audition. Auditions can be scheduled while completing the enrollment application.
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (fine at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)