Harold L. Holliday, Sr. Montessori Admission Policy
All P3s, P4s and kindergarteners are eligible for admission based on available seats. They must be school ready and able to abide by school policies and expectations as indicated in “Behavioral Expectation Student Contract”, which will be distributed upon acceptance. Students must be 3, 4 years old by September 1st to qualify for PreK. Siblings of current families are given preference for seating.
Children’s House students are expected to be prepared for school upon admission, as well as comply with each of the aforementioned expectations. Additionally, failure to comply with school-readiness expectations causes a disruption to learning and creates a hardship for staff and other children. The following are grounds for dismissal from the Montessori programs:
- Not potty-trained
- Demonstration of behaviors that are so disruptive that they must be removed from the classroom frequently
- Misuse and destruction of the classroom materials
Application (fully completed)
2 current proofs of residency (Utility bill: gas, water, electric or lease/mortgage)
Parent/Guardian photo identification
Procedures for Accepting Applications
- No incomplete application packets will be accepted
- Applications will be checked and will be date/time stamped when cleared for acceptance
- After the enrollment window closes. Letters will be sent to families to notify them of their admission status (Accepted or Waitlist)
Border Star Montessori and Holliday Montessori are signature schools that offer a specialized Montessori program. Both schools cherish a rich tradition of academic and social excellence and work diligently to maintain vibrant, high-functioning learning environments. Thus, admission and seating in these schools are highly coveted. As such, student behaviors that prove to be disruptive and unsafe will not be tolerated in these learning environments. Behaviors that warrant dismissal from the Montessori program are outlined in the Behavioral Expectation Contract.