Graduation Recognition Incentive Program
The purpose of the Graduation Recognition Incentive Program (G.R.I.P.) program is to encourage seniors to stay on track to graduation by successfully completing 24 credits in good academic standing, increase their attendance rate and graduate on time. G.R.I.P.’s primary goals are to improve graduation and attendance rates in the district and reduce the dropout rate by offering incentives to students. This program is a win-win situation for KCPS students and their schools.
Seniors would enjoy incentives that pays for a substantial chunk of graduation cost. The G.R.I.P. program would award up to $150 to qualified seniors to help defray the cost of graduation fees, cap & gown, senior dues, senior sweats set, prom ticket and other school activities.
- All KCPS seniors are eligible to participate in the G.R.I.P. Student incentive packages. Students who have already purchased any of items eligible under the incentive package will be reimbursed.
- To earn one of the three student level incentive packages, students must meet attendance as well as graduation requirement goals.
- The attendance requirement will be determined by the Proportional Attendance Rate (PAR) guidelines as established by DESE
- The program begins on the first day of school, September 8, 2020, or the first day the student enrolled into our school.
- All absences, both excused and unexcused, from that day forward until the end of the school year will be counted for the G.R.I.P. Incentive