Dress Code & Uniform Policy
- No learner shall be discriminated against by dress code policies based on gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion, body size, body maturity or socioeconomic status.
- Elementary and middle school learners are expected to wear the assigned uniform of their school. High school learners shall be allowed to come to school dressed comfortably in a way that allows for appropriate self-expression.
- Private parts and undergarments must be covered by clothing with opaque fabric (i.e. no sheer/mesh).
- Clothing and accessories that display statements, signs or pictures with alcohol, tobacco, drugs, weapons, sexual innuendos, inappropriate language or inappropriate slogans will not be permitted.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- If a learner regularly is out of uniform or otherwise not in compliance with the dress code, administration shall investigate and provide support prior to imposing any consequences.
- No learner shall be given an out of school suspension for dress code non-compliance
Uniform Policy By School
African-Centered College Preparatory Academy Lower Campus
Uniforms: K thru 2nd – Green polos & khaki bottoms
3rd thru 5th – Red polos & khaki bottoms
6th thru 7th – Black & khaki bottoms
8th – Black Polos & black bottoms
Shirts are to be solid short- or long-sleeves. Bottoms can be pants, skirt, jumper, or shorts. No denim is allowed.
Benjamin Banneker Elementary, Faxon Elementary, Garfield Elementary, George Melcher Elementary, Hale Cook Elementary, J.A. Rogers Elementary, James Elementary, John T. Hartman Elementary, Longfellow Elementary, Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary, Pitcher Elementary, Primitivo Garcia Elementary, Troost Elementary, Wendell Phillips Elementary, Whittier Elementary
Solid white or navy blue short or long-sleeved shirt (must have a collar or turtleneck). Tan (khaki) or navy blue pants, skirt, jumper, or shorts. No denim is allowed.
Border Star Montessori
Solid navy, light blue, gray, red, green, or Border star polo shirts (must have a collar or turtleneck), white blouses for girls. Tan (khaki) or navy blue pants, skirt, jumper, or shorts. Denim jeans or shorts on Fridays with a school spirit shirt.
Central Middle School
Solid tan (khaki) or solid navy dress pants, skirt, or shorts. No denim.
Solid white or solid navy polo or dress shirt with a collar or turtleneck (long or short sleeves).
Solid white or solid navy sweater or sweatshirt on top of uniform shirt.
House shoes, sandals and flipflops are not permitted. Headgear including hats, bandannas, scarves, shower caps, stocking caps, do-rags, hair nets, bonnets and hoods (headwear for religious reasons is permitted) will not be permitted. Clothing and accessories that display statements, signs, or pictures with alcohol, tobacco, other drugs, weapons, violent themes, sexual innuendos, inappropriate language, inappropriate slogans or references to gang affiliations will not be permitted. Coats, heavy jackets and blankets used as sweaters are not to be worn during the school day.
Harold Holliday, Sr. Montessori
Solid red, navy, light blue short or long-sleeved shirts (must have a collar or turtleneck), white blouses for girls. Tan (khaki) or navy blue pants, skirt, jumper, or shorts. Denim jeans or shorts on Fridays with a school spirit shirt.
Foreign Language Academy
Solid white, black, red, gray, light blue or navy blue polos with short or long-sleeves (must have a collar). Black, tan (khaki) or navy blue pants, skirt, jumper or shorts. No denim is allowed.