Dress Code & Uniform Policy
- No learner shall be discriminated against by dress code policies based on gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion, body size, body maturity or socioeconomic status.
- Elementary and middle school learners are expected to wear the assigned uniform of their school. High school learners shall be allowed to come to school dressed comfortably in a way that allows for appropriate self-expression.
- Private parts and undergarments must be covered by clothing with opaque fabric (i.e. no sheer/mesh).
- Clothing and accessories that display statements, signs or pictures with alcohol, tobacco, drugs, weapons, sexual innuendos, inappropriate language or inappropriate slogans will not be permitted.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- If a learner regularly is out of uniform or otherwise not in compliance with the dress code, administration shall investigate and provide support prior to imposing any consequences.
- No learner shall be given an out of school suspension for dress code non-compliance
Below is uniform information for the schools that require them. If your building principal has communicated differently then what is displayed, please follow their guidelines. If your student's school is not listed below uniforms are not required.
African-Centered College Preparatory Academy Lower Campus
Uniforms: K thru 2nd – Green polos & khaki bottoms
3rd thru 5th – Red polos & khaki bottoms
6th thru 7th – Black & khaki bottoms
8th – Black Polos & black bottoms
Shirts are to be solid short- or long-sleeves. Bottoms can be pants, skirt, jumper, or shorts. No denim is allowed.
Benjamin Banneker Elementary, JOHN T. HARTMAN ELEMENTARY, Longfellow Elementary, Martin Luther King Elementary, Primitivo Garcia Elementary, Success Academy at Knotts, & Wendell Phillips Elementary - REquire uniforms
Solid white or navy blue short or long-sleeved shirt (must have a collar or turtleneck). Tan (khaki) or navy blue pants, skirt, jumper, or shorts. No denim is allowed.
Border Star Montessori - uniforms are optional for the 2022-2023 school year
Solid navy, light blue, gray, red, green, or Border star polo shirts (must have a collar or turtleneck), white blouses for girls. Tan (khaki) or navy blue pants, skirt, jumper, or shorts. Denim jeans or shorts on Fridays with a school spirit shirt.
Harold Holliday, Sr. Montessori - uniforms are optional for the 2022-2023 school year
Solid red, navy, light blue short or long-sleeved shirts (must have a collar or turtleneck), white blouses for girls. Tan (khaki) or navy blue pants, skirt, jumper, or shorts. Denim jeans or shorts on Fridays with a school spirit shirt.