KCPS is pleased to announce no-cost vaccine opportunities through our community health partnerships with Children's Mercy Hospital and ETrueNorth Pharmacy. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine is available to all KCPS students ages 12 and up. In addition, COVID-19 testing is available for all summer school students.
Vaccine Clinics will be held by appointment only:
- 6/22 and 7/13 – at Northeast High
- 6/23 and 7/14 – at Southeast High
- 6/24 and 7/15 – at Central High
- 6/25 and 7/16 – at East High
To schedule an appointment:
- Call Children’s Mercy at 816-302-6300
- Tell the scheduler the name of the school your child is attending for summer school so transportation is available
- Children’s Mercy will provide the time/place for your child’s vaccine
- If your child is attending summer school programming at KCPS, transportation is provided to the high school vaccine clinic via supervised KCPS transportation at no cost to you.
KCPS has partnered with Children’s Mercy to offer free COVID-19 testing to all students and staff attending James Elementary, Northeast Middle and East High schools (other schools, please see below). This is part of the School TLC Study to help keep students and staff safe in schools during the pandemic.
The COVID-19 tests are easy and painless and can be given to people with or without COVID-19 symptoms. Results will be available within 48 hours.
To receive testing, your child must be enrolled to participate in the study. To register your child to participate, please complete this survey. Parents will receive a $5 electronic gift card for each student enrolled in the study.
To learn more or ask questions, please email School-TLC-Study@icf.com.
OTHER SCHOOL SITES: KCPS, along with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and community partner ETrueNorth Pharmacy, is providing a free COVID-19 testing study for staff and students. The study is confidential and vital to help KCPS keep students, staff and families safe and healthy.
The test is a quick, easy, painless and tickly PCR nasal swab taken with the help of the ETrueNorth team and school nurse. It’s a swipe with a swab at the inside tip of the nose with results available to parents/guardians or tested staff member within 48 hours. The test is accurate and can be given to people with or without COVID-19 symptoms. The testing is free, completely voluntary and available to all students and staff.
How it works:
- To participate, complete this short survey.
- Once a week, the ETrueNorth Pharmacy team and school nurse will do the quick nasal swab test for all participating students and staff.
- You, along with the school nurse, will receive test results within 48 hours.
- If a positive test result is received, the school nurse will contact trace and inform you how to move forward.
If you have questions, please contact your school nurse, Director of Nursing Lauren Grimes at 816-418-7683, or KCPS COVID-19 Response Coordinator Sara Williams at 816-418-7536.