High School Students Attend KU Design Camp
For some students, imagining a career in design is just a dream. Thanks to a special partnership with the University of Kansas (KU), ten KCPS students were able to make that dream a reality.
In June, students spent a week at KU’s Summer Design Camp. While residing on campus, students participated in workshops to learn about the fields of graphic design, photography, architecture, interior design, animation and publication design.
The camp was designed to help students consider a design career and learn about potential scholarships to one of the highest-rated design schools in the country. Congratulations to our students as they grow and participate in unique experiences to cultivate their creative interests and skills.
2022 KCPS Participants:
- Central High – Eindiah Porter
- East High – Eh Ler Paw and Maydi Ramirez Calix
- Lincoln Prep – Elijah Otto, Andrea Reyes, and Faith Scott
- Paseo Academy – Mya Abram, Daniela Flores
- Southeast High – Brayden Lyons, Tyler Webb