Pre-K Before & After Care
After completing this interest form, you will need to email your Completed copy of Child Medical Examination Report to the Early Learning office. Call our office at (816) 418-PREK (7735) if you have questions, to complete application documents or to place your child on the waitlist.
Fees are charged for participation in order to offer the Pre-K Before & After Care program. Fee Payment must be received before starting the program. *Payment amount will be prorated if start date occurs after August 22.
- Full Pay is $2000 for the full year program. Payment may be made over 10 months at $200 per month. Payment for September through May is due no later than the 15th of each month.
- Sliding Scale fee is available for income qualifying families meeting state & federal eligibility criteria based on household size & income.
- Partial Pay: 75% Sliding Scale rate is $1500. Payment may be made over 10 months at $150 per month.
- Half Pay: 50% Sliding Scale rate is $1000. Payment may be made over 10 months at $100 per month.
Payments of complete monthly increments can be made online, by mail or in-person:
- Pay Online: Infinite Campus - newly enrolled families will see a delay in online payment availability
How to Pay Fees in Infinite Campus
Credit & Debit card transactions are subject to a 4% service fee, e-check transactions are subject to a 0.01% service fee
- In Person: In person fee payment is only accepted at the KCPS Board of Education Treasury Office: 2901 Troost Ave Kansas City, MO 64109, (816) 418-7000. Schools cannot accept Pre-K Before & After Care enrollment fees or late pickup fees. The Treasury Office accepts the following payment options:
- Cash (exact change ONLY)
- Check made out to KCPS Pre-K Extended Learning
- Money order
- By Mail: Checks may be made out to KCPS Pre-K Extended Learning and mailed to:
2901 Troost Ave
Kansas City, MO 64109
Pre-K Before & After Care opens at 7am, and closes at 6pm. Richardson Head Start & Woodland Head Start provide only after care from 2:30-5:30. Before & After Care may be offered at these locations based on a required minimum number of students attending, and available staff. Program availability is subject to change based on the aforementioned. Not all locations are able to offer the Pre-K Before & After care program at the start of the year. At this time, priority seats will be reserved for households working full-time or in school full-time. All other applications will be placed on a waitlist. *Proof of full-time working or in school status for all adults in the household will be required, due to limited availability at this time. Please support recruiting staff to work these positions using our flyer below.