Enroll in Early Learning
How do I enroll in Head Start?
Because Head Start is an income eligible program, families must first apply to see if they meet the qualifications. We use a centralized intake enrollment process through the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) who serves all Head Start programs in our area.
- Visit the MARC Head Start website to schedule an appointment
- Call for assistance with making an appointment by dialing (816) 841-3382 (applications are currently being completed over the phone).
For Questions about Head Start and/or the application process
- Call our KCPS Head Start Enrollment Specialist at 816-418-5295
- Text our KCPS Head Start Enrollment Specialist at 816-425-0806
- Email our KCPS Head Start Enrollment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly encourage families that enroll in Head Start to select a KCPS site, but families do have the option of attending any school within the Mid-America Regional Council region. The two KCPS locations for Head Start are:
Richardson Early Learning Community School
3515 Park Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64109
P3 & P4
Woodland Early Learning Community School
711 Woodland Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64106
P3 & P4
How do I enroll in Pre-Kindergarten?
Build a foundation of academic success in one of our quality schools! From Montessori to foreign language, college prep to African-centered studies, preschool to neighborhood schools near you, there is a FREE, world-class option just for your child. Each school is home to dedicated, caring teachers and staff. We hold an unwavering commitment to exceptional education with a focus on supporting students. Have questions? Contact the Admissions Office by calling (816) 418-7505 or visit the Board of Education Building at 2901 Troost Ave., KCMO.