Pre-K Before & After Care
Applications for Pre-K Before & After Care can be completed with your student's initial KCPS application. Steps are as follows:
- Fill out the initial interest application on enrollkc.org.
- Check your email for student's offer letter and instructions to complete your application.
- While completing your application, indicate your interest in Before & After Care. This will prompt you to upload necessary documents:
- Proof of Full-Time Work/School Schedule
- Proof of Income & Family Size:
- Two months of paystubs for each adult in household
- OR previous year's W-2
- OR previous year's income tax return
- Completed copy of Child Medical Examination Report
If you missed the indication while completing your KCPS admissions application, you can apply via this Pre-K Before & After Care Interest Form. After completing this application, you will need to email your necessary documents to the Early Learning office. Call our office at (816) 418-5213 if you have questions, to complete application documents or to place your child on the waitlist.
Fees are charged for participation in order to offer the Pre-K Before & After Care program. Fee Payment must be received before starting the program. *Payment amount will be prorated if start date occurs after August 23rd.
- Full Pay is $1840 for the full year program. Payment may be made over 10 months at $184 per month. Payment for September through May is due no later than the 15th of each month.
- Sliding Scale fee is available for income qualifying families meeting state & federal eligibility criteria based on household size & income.
- Partial Pay: 75% Sliding Scale rate is $1380. Payment may be made over 10 months at $138 per month.
- Half Pay: 50% Sliding Scale rate is $920. Payment may be made over 10 months at $92 per month.
Payments can be made online, by mail or in-person:
- Pay Online: Infinite Campus - newly enrolled families will see a delay in online payment availability
How to Pay Fees in Infinite Campus
Credit & Debit card transactions are subject to a 4% service fee, e-check transactions are subject to a 0.01% service fee
- In Person: In person fee payment is only accepted at the KCPS Board of Education Treasury Office: 2901 Troost Ave Kansas City, MO 64109, (816) 418-7000. Only Check or Money order will be accepted as payment. Schools cannot accept Pre-K Before & After Care enrollment fees or late pickup fees.
- By Mail: Checks may be made out to KCPS Pre-K Extended Learning and mailed to:
2901 Troost Ave
Kansas City, MO 64109
Pre-K Before & After Care opens at 7am, and closes at 6pm. Richardson Head Start & Woodland Head Start provide only after care from 2:30-5:30. Before & After Care may be offered at these locations based on a required minimum number of students attending, and available staff. Program availability is subject to change based on the aforementioned. Not all locations are able to offer the Pre-K Before & After care program at the start of the year. At this time, priority seats will be reserved for households working full-time or in school full-time. All other applications will be placed on a waitlist. *Proof of full-time working or in school status for all adults in the household will be required, due to limited availability at this time. Please support recruiting staff to work these positions using our flyer below.
2021-2022 Pre-K Before & After Care Handbook coming soon.
Kansas City Public Schools is seeking highly motivated Pre-K Extended Learning Assistants to join the Early Learning Team! See below flyer for more details.