February 7th is the cutoff date to enroll in Virtual School for 2nd semester.
Students access KCPS approved K-12 school courses through vendor provided platforms with vendor provided instructors. Students work independently with the support of a vendor-provided teacher. Because taking online courses is different from taking courses in a traditional face-to-face classroom, it’s good for students to know what courses will entail and what kind of support they’ll need to be successful. Research shows that students who are well prepared and well supported for this new experience do better in their classes.
Virtual School is offered to students of KCPS with approval of the student's school counselor and the Extended Learning advisor. If you are a KCPS student and have questions about Virtual School, please make an appointment with your school counselor. If your student is not currently a KCPS student, please contact the Office of Extended Learning at 816-418-7780.
Additional KCPS Virtual Enrollment Information
- Students and guardian(s) will be required to meet with the Extended Learning Opportunities coordinator to determent future placement.
- Students and guardian(s) must also attend a placement and orientation meeting prior to beginning Virtual School.
- If a student has an IEP or 504 plan, the IEP or 504 plan team will meet to decide if Virtual School is appropriate for the student.
- The enrollment cutoff dates are at the semester midterm date. Students may enroll in a course through midterm of the 1st and 3rd quarter or at anytime with a transfer.
- Students will be placed on probation for lack of progress after a 10-day period and will be removed from the course after 20 days as it may impact their ability to graduate on time.
There are no resources to display