Kansas City Public Schools is hosting Summer School starting June 21, 2021, for all students in grades K-12. New this year for students in grades K-8, the curriculum goes beyond old-fashioned, in-class learning only. This year’s program will capture a student’s attention in two parts – academic and civic. The academic course will help accelerate learning and prepare students for success in the 2021-2022 school year. The civic portion is a combination of service-learning and community activism to allow students to become a valuable part of their community.
The summer school application deadline has passed.
First Session: June 21 - July 23, 2021
(This session contains two (2) semesters for high school students.)
Second Session: July 26 - August 12, 2021
(Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City ONLY. Please note: This is a separate term, and there is limited availability.)
- How do I register my student for Summer School?
- Can I enroll all of my children for Summer School?
- When does Summer School enrollment close?
- I am a Missouri resident but live outside KCPS boundaries, can my child attend?
- My child attends a Signature School (Border Star, FLA, AC Prep, Holliday, Carver), what school will they attend?
- What programs are available for my child after the end of Summer School?
- How do I register for partner programs?
- Is there a fee for Summer School?
- Is transportation provided for Summer School?
- Can I enroll my student in math for next year?
- What classes can my student enroll in that count for graduation?
- Who will be teaching the class/course?