District Advisory Committee (DAC)
Kansas City Public Schools has a District Advisory Committee (DAC) that meets every other month at 5:30 pm in the KCPS District School Board Room at the Board of Education Building (2901 Troost Ave.)
Every school is asked to send a representative, and parents and community members are also welcome to attend. The DAC addresses school issues and concerns and allows parents to network, share ideas and solve problems cooperatively. In addition, the DAC serves in an advisory role to the District’s Board of Education.
Interested in joining DAC or your school’s parent organization? Click here to submit your interest form.
School Advisory Committees (SACs)
School Advisory Committees (SACs)are a great way to get involved in the education of children. Adults who take an active role in education positively impact future generations of leaders, workers and parents. These adults also get a chance to see firsthand what goes on inside schools within the Kansas City, Missouri School District.
A SAC is a school-based volunteer group made up of parents and families of students, community members and school staff. Among the functions of a SAC are:
- Participation in the development of the school budget
- Working with administration on personnel issues
- Providing input into curriculum selections and development
Parent Teacher Association (PTA) / Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
The mission of the PTA/PTSA is threefold
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of the nation
The objectives of the PTA:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
The following schools in the Kansas City Public Schools have PTA/PTSAs. Please contact each school for more information.
- Border Star Montessori - (816) 418-5150
- AC Prep College Prep - (816) 418-1078