KCPS Academic Plan
KCPS has made incredible strides over the past few years and we have developed new partnerships that are bringing exciting educational opportunities to our students and staff. Our academic plan provides a blueprint detailing our plan of action to build on our recent successes. The school system’s academic improvement goals include:
- Increasing students’ math and reading proficiency to at least 50%
- Giving teachers advanced training and support on helping students get mentally and physically ready to learn
- Increasing instruction through demonstrations and interactive learning between teachers and students
- Investing in struggling schools by implementing City Year program, High Schools that Work and Jobs for America’s Graduates
- Increasing literacy labs in schools
- Providing wrap-around services to support individual needs of students
- Increasing focus on daily school attendance
- Increasing graduation rate to 75% by 2019
- Increasing the number of students scoring at or above the national average on ACT by 3% yearly
- Increasing the number of students enrolling in AP, IB, Dual-Credit Courses, Technical Skills Attainment (TSA) assessments by 5% yearly
All of these factors equal up to an outstanding educational experience.
From early childhood, through the middle years and into college, we are cultivating excellence and graduating greatness. We are the new Kansas City Public Schools and we are asking that you consider joining us as we forge the great schools that Kansas City deserves.