Communications Services offers a full range of creative services and strategic planning designed to share the message of the Kansas City Public Schools. We work to communicate the mission and goals of the district as it seeks to raise the academic achievement of each student. The department is committed to providing timely, effective communication that engages our students, parents, employees and community members.
The department provides a wide array of services and consists of the following divisions: internal communications, external communications, news and information, Kansas City Public Schools Television (KCPS-TV), web services, media technology training and event planning.
To receive services please submit a Communications Request Form.
If you are planning an Event please submit a Event Request Form.
KCPS Communications Services:
- Internal Messaging: Communications with district employees.
- External Messaging: Communications with community members and stakeholders.
- Website Update: Supports KCPS’s district and school websites.
- News & Information: Provides latest updates on students, families, staff members, and schools.
- Event Planning: Assist KCPS staff in the planning of exciting and successful events.
- Media Technology: KCPS provides support within instructional programs and departments in KCPS
- Media Relations: Handles all media requests and produces press releases.
KCPS Communications Outlets:For questions about this form contact Brenda Horn at (816) 418-7606. News media outlets must contact the Communications Department with requests.
Chief Communications and Community Engagement Officer
Administrative Assistant to the Chief Communications and Community Engagement Officer
News and Media Technology Manager
Senior Communications Specialist
Enrollment Marketing Specialist